Monday, October 19, 2009

Carrot Cake Ice Cream

I love cake, and I especially love Carrot Cake.  Delicious.  And something about the fact that it has veggies in it makes me smile.  I'm a huge nerd.  Anyway, I had seen a recipe from David Lebowitz here and looked good, but it didn't have cream cheese, which is one of the best parts of the Carrot Cake as far as I am concerned.  So, I found a recipe for Cream Cheese ice cream here, and decided to put the two together, and of course, get inspiration from a recipe for Carrot cake itself.

Carrot Cake Ice Cream


1 cup of pecan halves
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar


I followed the directions for toasting the pecans from Mr. Ice Cream himself.  I put the oven 100 degrees too high the first time and burned them.  Oops.  But let me tell you, these are delicious.  I would recommend chopping them up in larger pieces, because the flavor can spread through the whole ice cream. For this particular recipe, you want the pecans to kind of add a punch to the rest of the flavors, not infiltrate the entire scoop.


I love pecans and I could eat them all the time.  Look how good they look!



8 ounces of cream cheese {I used Organic, full fat.  It tastes better, and it's organic.  Again, have a full scoop of full fat, rather than three scoops of non fat.  The chemicals you will be eating in non-fat is just not worth it.}
1 cup of milk 
3/4 cup of sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of heavy cream
2 cups shredded and chopped carrots







Place all the ingredients (except the carrots) in a blender until smooth.  Pour ingredients into ice cream maker, and slowly add the carrots. In the last 5 minutes of churning process, add the pecans.  Adding the pecans last will again keep the flavor with the pecans only.  Follow your ice cream maker's instructions, and voila!  It's a yummy treat!



Look at that delicious scoop!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Rebecca from MyNaturalFamily.com. I shared a link to your recipe on my post http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/recipes/dessert/the-best-carrot-cake-recipe-list/

    I want to make sure it's ok with you that I did so. Please let me know if you want me to remove your image.

    I would love if you could share a little love by sharing the post on your social media accounts. After all, in the end it will help you get more traffic too.

    I am also open to other collaboration ideas so please let me know if you have ideas of how we can help grow each other’s blogs.

    Get More Traffic

    In case you're not already a member of our sister site, InspiringCooks.com I would like to invite you to join it.

    I was frustrated with how much work it is to submit to food submission sites so I created my own site kind of like Food Gawker. The main difference is that you don't have to submit each recipe. All you need to do is fill out this form - http://inspiringcooks.com/submit-recipes/ and we will add your recipe images for you with a link to your site (no recipe on our site). We will also promote your content by pinning both directly from your site and from our site.

    Make More Money

    I make over six-figures on My Natural Family and I wrote a blog post all about how I do it. I think/hope there are some ideas in it that could help you make more money with your blog - http://www.mynaturalfamily.com/earn-six-figures-blog/

    ReplyDelete