Monday, October 19, 2009

One Year and Counting

This week I bought my last loaf of bread for a whole year.  I also had my last ice cream cone from an ice cream shop in San Francisco.  I'm not going on a crazy diet, nor do I care enough to do so.  Instead, my husband and I have set a few short term goals for the next year, and not buying bread and ice cream is one of mine.  My first goal is to finish grad school.  I am currently at Fuller Theological Seminary and am getting my masters in Theology.  I love to bake, cook, read, write, and am an avid runner and exerciser and will do anything that Jillian Michaels says, and I still haven't figured out how it all works together.  But, finishing is the first step to figuring that out.


One of my other goals was to bake bread and make home made ice cream for a year.  A whole year. That means no going out and buying it from the store or anything that looks like a store.  If I have to open a container that is not from my own bakeware to eat it, then we are not doing it.


We eat bread and ice cream a lot.  Tons.  We love it.  So why not learn the craft and have a better appreciation for it?  Why not make what we eat so we can be sure it's healthy and good?  It's going to be a year of trial and error.  Of delicious food and sometimes no food at all.  We know that.  But, we are very excited.


I hope you are too.  I'll post recipes and pictures of my food, my occasional rant, and hopefully make some new food-loving friends along the way.  In the meantime, check out my friend Julia.  She's an AMAZING cook, baker and friend, and she is going on this journey (at least the ice cream part) with me.  She has one of the best palettes of anyone I have met, always up for a new flavor and adventure.  So bookmark her blog as well, I'll be sending you there anyway.


Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment